Public Works - Road Maintenance Schedule
2022 Sweeper Schedule
Please be advised that the Public Works Department will begin its annual spring clean-up of streets from winter snow removal operations on April 11, 2022. The sweeping process usually takes about two months to complete. The sweeping order is based on the following areas within the Township are are rotated annually to insure equality for all of the residents of the Township:
- Seidersville Area (West of Mountain Drive and North of Black River Road)
- Steel City Area (North of Easton Road to Steel City)
- Apple Street Area (North of Wassergass Road to Easton Road)
- Wassergass Area (North of Polk Valley Road to Wassergass Road)
- Leithsville Area (East of Leithsville Road Rt.412 and South of Polk Valley Road)
- Bingen (South of Friedensville Road/Black River Road and West of Leithsville Road Rt.412)
to see the schedule.
Public Works - 2022 Road List
Below is the tentative 2022 major road schedule for the Lower Saucon Public Works Department. Please be advised that this schedule may change during the year to take into account loss time due to weather, other projects, budgetary restraints, and condition changes of roads.
Public Works will be applying a surface treatment (oil and chip) to the following roads:
- Old Philadelphia Pike between State Route 378 and Seidersville Rd
- Mount Pleasant Rd. between State Route 412 and Springtown Hill Rd.
- East University Ave. between State Route 378 and Connecting St.
- Rovaldi Ave. between E. University Ave. and Kistler Ave.
- Focht Ave. between E. University Ave. and Dead End.
- West University Ave. between Village Ln. and Dead End.
- Puggy Ln. between Cannon Ave. and Fountain Hill Borough Line.
- Cannon Ave. between W. University Ave. and Dead End.
Public Work will first apply a surface treatment (oil and chip) and when completed will overlay “blacktop” on the following roads:
- Bucknell Dr. between Black River Rd. and Dartford Rd.
- Dartford Rd. between Black River Rd. and Colesville Rd.
- Banko Ln. between Lower Saucon Rd. and 2596 Banko Ln.
- Bingen Rd. between Saucon Valley Rd. and Old Mill Rd.
- Lower Saucon Rd. between Wassergass Rd. and Banko Ln.
- Drifting Dr. between Bergstresser Dr. and Springfield Twp. Line.
- Johnston Ave. between Fritz Ave. and Adams Ave.
- Wilhelm Dr. between 3807 and 3765 Wilhelm Dr.
- Wassergass Rd. between Reservoir Rd. and Wilhelm Dr.
- Valley View Rd. between Lower Saucon Rd. and 2760 Valley View Ln.
- Whitetail Ct. between Kings Mill Ct. and Cul-de-sac.
- Kistler Ave. between Girard Ave. and Cul-de-sac.