Saucon Rail Trail
Lower Saucon Township Portion
- The Lower Saucon Township portion of the trail (1.4 miles) runs south from the Saucon Creek Bridge (behind Neighbors) to the border with Upper Saucon Township, just south of Bingen Road.
- A map of the Saucon Rail Trail can be viewed here.
- The Lower Saucon Township portion of the trail is open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Permitted uses are walking, jogging, bicycling and cross-country skiing.
- Please follow the TRAIL ETIQUETTE when using the trail.
- The Reading Drive Trailhead is open daily from dawn to dusk with 20 parking spaces, a water fountain, toilet facilities, and a picnic area.
- There are trash receptacles at the Reading Drive Trailhead site and at the Meadows Road crossing gate.
- There are portable toilets at the Reading Drive Trailhead site. Restroom facilities are also available at the Upper Saucon Township Community Park, Hellertown Borough's Grist Mill and Water Street Park, and at the Southern Lehigh Living Memorial Park trailheads.
- Lower Saucon Township adopted a Geo-game Policy which regulates the placement of geocaches in Township parks and on the Township portion of the Saucon Rail Trail. The policy can be viewed here.
- For more information on the Saucon Rail Trail Markers please click here.
- In order to receive approval to hold an event on the Saucon Rail Trail, a
SAUCON RAIL TRAIL SPECIAL EVENT FORM must be submitted to the Saucon Rail Trail Oversight Commission.
Saucon Rail Trail Oversight Commission
With the adoption in September 2011 of an Intergovernmental Agreement of Cooperation between the four (4) municipalities who share the Saucon Rail Trail, the Rail Trail Advisory Committee, which guided the initial development of the northern section of the trail, will become the SAUCON RAIL TRAIL OVERSIGHT COMMISSION. The Commission, which will be comprised of two (2) members and one (1) alternate member from each of the communities, will continue to act in an advisory capacity to the municipal Supervisors and Councils to provide guidance and oversight regarding the construction, operation, maintenance and improvement of the Saucon Rail Trail.
Saucon Rail Trail Oversight Commission Representatives:
- Hellertown Borough: Steve LaBrake (President), Joe Pampanin, James Hill, Cathy Hartranft
- Lower Saucon Township: Tyler Zulli, Roger Jurczak, Leslie Huhn
- Upper Saucon Township: Peter Jarrett (Vice-President), Diana Inglis (Secretary), Susan Anderson, Tom Beil, Joe Geib
- Coopersburg Borough: Linda Minarik, Tim Paashaus, Ruth Poole
Rail Trail Oversight Commission meetings are held the 4th Monday of each month.
Click here for the current agenda.
January 23, 2017
February 27, 2017 - NO MEETING
March 27, 2017 - LST
April 24, 2017 - HB
May 2017 - NO MEETING
June 26, 2017 - CB
July 24, 2017 - UST
August 28, 2017 - LST
September 25, 2017 - HB
October 23, 2017 - CB
November 27, 2017 - UST
December 2017 - NO MEETING
Saucon Rail Trail Website
For more information on the Saucon Rail Trail, click here http://sauconrailtrail.org/.